London has been one of my favorite cities ever since I visited 10 years back. Few things which I liked the most was its climate, rich historical culture, recreational parks, well connected trains, and some world class attractions. I however cannot forget its night life and the most amazing shopping areas.
In order to flaunt your pictures on Instagram read Lonndon's Top 5 Instagramable spots!
3) Carry sufficient amount of food & snacks
3) Tower Bridge: Yet another iconic piece of London and a popular spot for movies. This artistic bridge looks incredible from a distance especially in the night. It overlooks the themes river and opens up when a big vessel passes through it. You can simply take a walk on the bridge in the evening and admire its beauty. There is an option of going on the top for a better view, however according to me one gets a 360 view of the entire bridge form the elevated corridor next to it.
4) St. Paul's Cathedral: This is one the most beautiful Church in London. Closer to the Thames river the giant like dome on the top is a marvel in itself. Take the entry fee to head straight on the top to experience some incredible views of the city and the Thames river. A lot of high profile weddings take place in this Church.
5) London Eye: This attraction is closer to Big Ben and near the Thames river. Unlike the previous historical attractions, London eye is quite entertaining. It is more so like a giant wheel which rotates very slowly giving a 360 view of the city.The view from the top of the wheel is quite stunning. Since the wheel doesn't rotate too fast even kids and senior citizens can experience this unless someone has acrophobia.
TIP: This attraction has an entry fee, however I would suggest to experience this if you are a first timer.
TIP: The entry fee is approx. GBP 20
7) Trafalgar Square: Well this is a nice and vibrant place in the city. You will notice couple of statues and structures created close by. It is also surrounded by museums, galleries, historic places etc here. In the evening you may find some entertaining acts performed by artists. Therefore it is advisable to spend some time here and sit to the elevated stairs in the evening.
8) Madame Tussauds: This is a wax museum of famous personalities and it the most popular tourist attraction in London. It offers a complete family entertainment as clicking pictures with these biggies is absolute fun. You will find the waxworks of personalities of The Queen, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tom Cruise, Usain Bolt, Johnny Depp, Micheal Jackson including various Bollywood Personalities like Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit etc. The tickers for can booked online.
TIP: The museum is quite big so you to need to cover it fast without spending much time in any one section. Spend around 2-3 hours here and proceed for your tour.
9) Piccadilly Circus: Finally your holiday cannot complete without exploring the night life, while you shake your leg on some peppy nos. ????????. The large billboard and neon signs are pretty huge which is makes it compared to the Times Square of New York. This is a usually busy street as there are a lot of restaurants, cafes, shopping areas, bars etc which are flocked by tourists and locals regularly.
TIP: Visit this street in the evening to see the lights glitter and feel the vibrancy of this place.
London makes a perfect holiday destination. Its vibrancy and diversity becomes a great package for all kinds of visitors. The experience is so welcoming that you might be tempted to plan another visit soon.
Do give me your comments if you feel the same ☺